We accept instructions from both claimants and defendants and accept single or joint instructions.
We guarantee a rapid response following instruction and cost effective options.
Why you might need a Psychological Report
There are variety of reasons that you may need a report:
- You may have been in an accident or be a victim of a crime and require an expert opinion on the impact of this on your life.
- Your child may need an assessment of certainl emotional or behavioural difficulties for school.
- You and your partner may be going through a divorce and may need an assessment of your situaiton for child custody purposes.
These are just a few examples but generally a psychological report will provide you with an objective and specialist assessment of a particular situation with recommendations about the most beneficial way forward.
What we can offer you
We will do our best to provide you with exactly what you need. If you provide us with an outline of your requirements one of our medico-legal coordinators will select the most appropriate expert, arrange your appointment(s) in the most convenient location for you and provide you with a quote for the report. Standard reports usually include the following:
- Review of medical reports and case notes
- 1-3 hour assessment (face to face or via Zoom)
- Diagnosis (where appropriate)
- Expert opinion
- Treatment recommendation
- Prognosis with and without treatment
We have provided successful and cost-efficient expert reports for the NHS, Local Authorities in England and Wales, Councils, Solicitors and Barristers. Schools, Universities, Employers and Employees. Charities, Corporate Clients and, most importantly, private individuals and families.
Expert Witness Example
We are an enthusiastic team who always remember how important each report is to you. It is often someone’s first experience with professional reports and the legal system, and it’s easy to be unsure of what is needed and when.
We will make sure that the questions and specifications of your report are right so that it meets your and your solicitor’s needs. There is no point in having a report that answers the wrong questions!
We will offer you an assessment as soon as possible, even on the same day via Zoom when possible, and the finished report in seven days following on from the assessment.
Our prices are competitive, and we focus on the best customer service with fast and efficient production times.
You will have one point of contact through the entire process to ensure you know what’s happening and when.
Our Medico Legal services are delivered by Doctors of Clinical, Counselling, Forensic and Educational Psychologists all of whom are highly trained and specialists in their fields. All of our experts are:
- Registered Practitioner Psychologists with The Health Care Professions Council
- Chartered Psychologists with The British Psychological Society
- On The British Psychological Society Expert Witness Register
- Enhanced CRB checked
- Covered via Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Receiving appropriate supervision in private practice.
How quickly can we provide you with what you need?
We will endeavour to provide your report when you need it. As Judges now recognise Zoom as a valid way to assess people for legal purposes, this means we can arrange for you to see one of our experts on the day that you contact us. Following on from the assessment, we will endeavour to produce the report in the shortest possible time (no more than seven days). When complete, it will be shared with your solicitors for review.
How much does it cost?
We charge £150 an hour for this service, with charges calculated based upon the hours needed for the assessment and report. A typical scenario may be that we meet you for a one-hour assessment and then spend two hours preparing a report based upon this meeting. So, in this case, it’s £150 x 3 hours = £450.
What areas do we cover?
Our Medico Legal Psychologists are able to provide detailed psychological assessment/diagnostic Medico Legal Reports and expert witness services for adults, children, adolescents, families and couples in a wide variety of areas including:
- ABE Interviews – quality, reliability, veracity
- Ability to protect
- ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Adult mental health
- Anger management
- Anti-social behaviour
- Assessment of capacity
- Assessment of educational needs
- Assessment of memory
- Attachment assessments
- Attachment including inter-sibling attachment
- Behavioural difficulties
- Clinical negligence
- Culturally sensitive assessments
- Denial of offending
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder)
- False confessions
- Family assessments
- Fitness to plead/stand trial
- Family dynamics
- Risk assessments pertaining to:
- Sexual offending
- Impact of abuse and neglect
- Learning disabilities
- Medical negligence reports
- Motivation to change
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Parenting assessments
- Personal injury reports
- Personality assessments
- Placement options
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Pre-sentencing reports
- Somatic problems
- Substance misuse
- Trauma, abuse and neglect issues
- Vulerable witnesses/defendants
- Young offenders
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of areas covered by our expert witnesses.
Our Medico Legal Psychologists can also provide Psychological Rehabilitation and Treatment including:
- Anger Management
- Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Parent Management Training